Northeast Florida offers a unique character that is a fusion of old and new that beckons those who appreciate a vigorous, vibrant metropolitan region set against a backdrop of beautiful natural resources, exceptional climate, and small-town southern charm. This rare combination of amenities offers residents an unparalleled quality of life and lures thousands of newcomers annually.
- Atlantic Beach Country Club
- Atlantic Beach – The City
- Beaches Towne Center
- Jacksonville – News 4
- Jacksonville – The City
- Jacksonville – Visit Us
- Jacksonville Beach
- Jacksonville Golf and Country Club
Learn more about the communities of North Florida:
- ATLANTIC BEACH – OVERVIEW
- ATLANTIC BEACH – THE CITY
- ATLANTIC BEACH – THINGS TO DO
- AVONDALE – THE SHOPPES
- DOG FRIENDLY CITY
- DOWNTOWN JACKSONVILLE
- FLEMING ISLAND
- FLEMING ISLAND ONLINE
- FT. CAROLINE
- JACKSONVILLE – NAVAL AIR STATION
- JACKSONVILLE – NAVAL STATION MAYPORT
- JACKSONVILLE BEACH
- JACKSONVILLE BEACH – THE CITY
- JACKSONVILLE BEACH – THINGS TO DO
- MAP JACKSONVILLE AREA
- NEPTUNE BEACH – ABOUT THE CITY
- NEPTUNE BEACH – THE CITY WEBSITE
- NOCATEE – THE COMMUNITIES
- NOCATEE – THE 6th BEST SELLING COMMUNITY IN AMERICA
- NORTH JACKSONVILLE
- ORANGE PARK
- ORANGE PARK – TOWN WEBSITE
- ORTEGA – AN ISLAND?
- ORTEGA – EXPLORING THE AREA
- OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
- PONTE VEDRA BEACH
- QUEENS HARBOUR CLUB
- RIVERSIDE/AVONDALE PRESERVATION
- SAN MARCO
- SCHOOL INFORMATION – CLAY COUNTY
- SCHOOL INFORMATION – DUVAL COUNTY
- SCHOOL INFORMATION – ST JOHNS COUNTY
- SOUTHSIDE – ST JOHNS TOWNE CENTER
- SPRINGFIELD – HISTORIC DISTRICT
- SPRINGFIELD – MYSPRINGFIELD ORG
- ST JOHNS COUNTY
- WINDSOR PARKE
Here are a few reasons why so many choose Northeast Florida as their home:
Great Year-Round Climate
Winters are mild and summers are the most moderate in the state. Temperatures drop below 32 degrees less than two weeks per year. January is the coldest month, averaging a minimum of 41 degrees and a maximum of 61.8 degrees. July is the hottest, averaging 91.5 as a high and 72.8 as a low.
Low Cost of Living
Jacksonville is the city with the lowest cost of living among Florida’s five major metropolitan areas. With a 98.2 ACCRA Cost of Living rating, Jacksonville’s cost of living index is below the national average.
The military employs over 50,000 active duty, reserve and civilian personnel in Northeast Florida and has an astonishing $7.8 billion annual economic impact on our community. Each year more than 4,000 workers exit the military and join the Northeast Florida workforce.
Abundant Recreational Opportunities
Whether it’s the abundance of cultural offerings, sports or outdoor activities, Northeast Florida provides an oasis of peace and recreation. The beaches, St. Johns River and the many other navigable waterways throughout the six-county region provide an array of opportunity for all who enjoy swimming, fishing, surfing, sailing or other water-related activities. We have football, golf, baseball, tennis and the list goes on.
Some interesting facts about Jacksonville, FL:
- Jacksonville was ranked as one of the top three cities for corporate expansion and relocation by Expansion Management magazine, Jacksonville attracts the attention of numerous companies who value its location, workforce, transportation opportunities and economic incentives. The city is home to three Fortune 500 Companies headquarters: Winn Dixie, CSX Corporation and Fidelity National Financial – as well as a host of other companies in the financial, medical, healthcare, and service industries.
- Jacksonville is continually evolving, and many attribute that to a strong economic development partnership between city and county governments and a changing industry base.
- Jacksonville’s renaissance includes a well-rounded, vibrant downtown where the sidewalks don’t roll up. Residential growth is one of the major driving forces as well as new infrastructure and sports venues through the $2.2 billion Better Jacksonville Plan, the new library and the relocation of the Jacksonville Museum of Contemporary Art to Laura Street.
- Jacksonville offers whatever you seek. From downtown vistas to beach horizons, there’s a myriad of entertainment, housing, and recreational venues to match virtually any taste. Bed and breakfast inns, hotels and resorts, performing arts centers and business centers, sports complexes, a 78,500 square-foot plus exhibit hall and the unique international golf resort (World Golf Village) are some of the diverse and numerous options.
- Jacksonville’s other pluses include its educational opportunities and military installations, clean industries including the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars football team, major sporting events such as the Players Championship, international headquarters for the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Men’s Pro Tour, seasonality and affordable entertainment.
- In terms of healthcare, residents of Northeast Florida benefit from a system that rivals those of larger cities. Jacksonville is home to over 2,500 physicians and 20 hospitals.